Mortgage Discharge Services
For lenders, discharging a mortgage can be a time-consuming process characterized by long turn-around times, many hand-offs between multiple individuals, and challenges with workforce management. Furthermore, lenders must be knowledgeable about the different rules and requirements of all jurisdictions, further increasing complexity.
D+H’s mortgage discharge service, a real-time document preparation and execution system for processing and registering mortgage discharge documents, makes this otherwise challenging process easy and reliable. Leveraging our extensive experience in search and registration services, along with our significant outsourced program management capabilities, D+H takes over the responsibility for processing a discharge on behalf of our customers.
Our mortgage discharge application has all the provincial idiosyncrasies built-in so that users no longer need specific knowledge of provincial rules. It’s a single-application, one-touch process. Where possible, D+H will process the discharge electronically with registries and confirm the transaction with a letter of confirmation. In jurisdictions where the process is longer and more manual, D+H will provide the requestor with a letter of undertaking to satisfy the legal requirement.
Our web-based solution is easily accessible through an online portal, or can be integrated into our customers’ internal systems. With the D+H mortgage discharge service, our customers realize a number of benefits, including:
- Cost certainty – Per transaction fees ensure you can know, plan for, and control your costs
- Risk mitigation – Enhanced controls ensure the correct mortgage is being discharged
- Improved client satisfaction – Fast and consistent turnaround time, helps you manage seasonal volume spikes while providing exceptional service
- Robust reporting – Tailored reports provide transparent access to important information through use of our comprehensive tracking, monitoring, and reporting capabilities
- System of record – An online historical archive of discharge transactions and their associated documents ensures information is always easily accessible